"Lvl2 Makers" are members of our access list. They have privileges like the code to the padlocks and (soon!) the right to sign out a basement key in the library, but also special responsibilities.
This is an experimental effort to improve the DAI Makerspace's accessibility - please take it seriously.
Requirements[edit | edit source]
You have to be added to the list by someone who already is a Lvl2 Maker. Only Makers who value our principles, know their way around at least one section of the Makerspace, regularly check the Wiki for important updates and frequently attend meetings or contribute otherwise will be added to the list. Even more important, you should know what you don't know enough about to supervise it!
Responsibilities[edit | edit source]
Everyone who wants to be on the list needs to:
- provide Lukas with means to contact them directly
- be willing to help if other Makers have questions
- vouch for the people they add to the list
Privileges[edit | edit source]
In turn, Lvl2 Makers are granted:
- exclusive knowledge of the padlock code
- the right to borrow equipment for a small donation after consulting with the Lvl2 mailing list
- the right to add others to the list
- ...and more to come!
The List[edit | edit source]
Organization, 3D Printing, Tools, Finances
Stepcraft, Electronics, 3D Printing, Wiki
3D Printing, Electronics
Electronics, 3D Printing
Raumfänger, Begeisterlabor, Activist, Chef
3D Printing, MakerCamp helper
Photography, DAI (public relations)
Future Plans[edit | edit source]
- key signout in the library
(might be hindered by insurance issues, but we're working on it!)
- electronic locks with key cards
(requires renovation of two main doors...)